Reception Fun

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I’m a really bad blogger. I’ve had a ton of fun with my new blog and between that and being a little sad about actually putting a final stamp on this one, I’ve been procrastinating. I even fell off the wagon and quit going to WeddingBee.


I got good news yesterday though; I’m now going to be a Hostess on the WeddingBee Boards so I guess that means I need to hike myself back into the wedding saddle. I also have a goal of wrapping up my own wedding recaps, honeymoon recaps, and a few other posts by the end of the year. I’ll still be around though like I said on WeddingBee and I may bring some topics here. Also, a cousin of Mr. S is getting married next year, so I may have some more posts about that.

So, without further ado, here is the rest of the reception…
After our first dance, the dance floor was opened up to everyone and the band played some really fun songs. Not only did they play songs like YMCA, but they changed some of the lyrics to songs so they fit us, such as “Jason’s Girl” instead of Jesse’s Girl, “Blue Eyed Girl” instead of Brown Eyed Girl (I have blue eyes) and for part of Sweet Home Alabama, they changed the lyrics to Sweet Home Iowa (doesn’t have the same ring, huh? It was still fun though). I think everyone had a really good time as you can tell from the pictures:








Jr. Mr. S needs to learn some "moves" before high school :)


My parents

Mr. S and his grandma

I love the way he's looking at me in this picture :)


For the father-daughter dance we did something a little different. My dad wanted Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t She Lovely” and since we didn’t want to make the band learn another new song, we decided to have this play during their break. We also invited all fathers and daughters to dance with us because I didn’t want my dad to have to be in the limelight dancing and worry about his disability, this way we were able to just have fun.



Mr. S dancing with one of my daughters during the father-daughter dance

It was a long night, a few needed a little color break for a while.

People got to catch up with people they hadn't seen for a while.

At the end of the night, everyone had fun and we lasted to the end. I liked being there last in a lot of ways because we were able to thank everyone for coming and thank all of our great vendors (and not so great ones).

We drove to the hotel in our own vehicle. It was fun walking into the lobby with my new husband and the front desk and guests greeted and congratulated us. Mr. S carried me across the threshold and that’s where I’ll leave you….

What are your plans for leaving your reception?

1 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on your new Hostess status! Awesome news!

Post a Comment