Is this a dream?

Monday, August 24, 2009

I don't think so, because usually I'm naked in my nightmares...

Please tell me this is the worst it's going to get.


Our Justice of the Peace called Mr. S today and asked about the ceremony and the times for things. It confused me at first because I emailed her in MARCH with the ceremony and once a month have asked if she needed any other information. Last week I CONFIRMED she was coming to the ceremony and rehearsal. When I called her back it was clear that something was wrong with her - She slurred the whole time and had NO recollection about our emails. Seriously - I have copies in my inbox! Ugh!

The worst of it was when I went to pick up my ring.

They called Saturday late afternoon and said to call them back. I called first thing this morning and the service dept said it was back downstairs and I could pick it up any time. I went in over lunch and when the girl came back with my repair envelope and went to dump the rings, my heart went to my stomach when it came clattering out...in five pieces. At the worst it should have been three (engagement ring, two bands), but no...FIVE. When they went to re size the ring, the head broke on my engagement ring. My engagement ring is a designer ring so they don't keep it in stock. The soonest they can get my ring is Sept. 11th. After a lot of crying and frantic calls to Mr. S, our solution is to use a stand-in ring that will have my solitaire and the bands soldered to it. They'll have to overnight it to my mom's hotel at the lake since it won't be ready before we leave. When my ring comes in, they'll redo the whole process. Mr. S wanted me to just walk out with a new ring from the store today and be done with it (they were willing to do an exchange), but this is the ring he picked out for me. I love this style and the fact that he took the time to chose it without any input from me. I didn't think i really felt like this about it, until this happened. I was too stressed out to pick something new. What if I settled on something and then HATED it the rest of my life? Hopefully it will work out...stay tuned.

What would you do in my situation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment