The rehearsal

Monday, October 5, 2009

We had the rehearsal at the outdoor area next to our cabin because the lodge was rented that day. It worked out fine, but I wish my planner would have been more proactive about it. I felt like most of the time I was directing it and that was her job. Her husband also came to pick up all of the decorations and stuff and I didn't feel like he was treating MY stuff very nicely - just throwing it into his Suburban - yikes!
As I mentioned in my last post, right before the rehearsal, I got into a huge fight with my sister and mom, so the half smiles are because everyone was a little butt-hurt still. I did apologize for what I did in the argument, but my family holds grudges for a long time and didn't exactly "get over it" too fast. Whatever, this is my rehearsal and I'm going to enjoy it. Okay, drama over - moving on...


I don't have any pictures of the rehearsal, but it was over in about 20 minutes. Then we loaded up the boat and rode over to the Barefoot Bar.

Unfortunately, this is when the wind picked up for the weekend and we had a REALLY bumpy ride over. I was pretty sea-sick by the time we got there, at least it didn't last long. The Barefoot Bar isn't a very serious place, which made it perfect for our rehearsal dinner.

(women's restroom sign)
(men's restroom sign)
("parking lot")

ugh-too cute for their own good :)
Mr. Snowflake's adorable grandparents

The Barefoot Bar offers very yummy drinks and appetizers. Will and his staff did a fabulous job. The kids really liked the fruit, but we also had crackers and crab dip and meatballs for appetizers.

The dinner menu was just as great. Caesar salad, Island chops (huge pork tenderloin slices), rolls, cheese pizza, and pie for dessert. Yummy!

After dinner, we moved downstairs to watch the band and some got their groove on...

About 30 minutes before Mr. S and I parted for the night, the band played a slow one and we were the only ones on the dance floor, it was pretty sweet and romantic for us to have these few minutes. Our group took so many pictures of us, here's just one image of many.

About here is when I'm asking Mr. S what my chances are of him actually showing up. Throughout the planning phases he kept teasing me about actually showing up on Saturday or not - maybe he'd just take off to Canada. Unfortunately, my fears were not totally put to ease. He's answered that it's about 90/10 he'll show up. Here's my WHAT! face and he replied with it was a better chance than it raining tomorrow (which was about 30%). I GUESS, I'll take those odds - ugh! men!

Anyway, it was a fun night by all. Sadly, we parted that night about 10:30. It was hard to leave each other. My sister, my daughters and I headed to the hotel. How did I know everything was going to be okay when I woke up the next day? For one, he told me he couldn't wait until tomorrow and he missed me, and two, because my bedspread in the hotel had dragonflies on it...it was just meant to be :)

Are you doing anything outside the box for your rehearsal dinner?

0 comments:

Post a Comment