Does this change my plans?

Thursday, July 2, 2009

My parents gave me some really sad news last night. My dad is getting laid off from the job he's been at for ten years. It seemed so secure since it was a government job, but it's not. I feel horrible for his situation, I know many others all across the nation are also facing this situation, but it really hits close to home for me now. I guess I'm being a little selfish too - does this change my plans? The main reason we're having the "big" wedding is because I shut my family out the last time. I want them to be a part of this one and if he loses his job, does this mean they can't afford to come out? My invitations just went out - had I known earlier maybe we could have scraped the big wedding and gone to Tucson for a "quickie" wedding and then gone on to Mexico - now I feel stuck and obligated to have the wedding out here. My parents haven't said anything about not coming, they're in shock and trying to do damage control so I don't want to bug them, but what would you do in my situation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment