Dress Fitting, Marriage License, and Invitations...oh my!

Monday, June 29, 2009

It's been a really busy couple of weeks and I've finally uploaded my pictures.
First off, the dress. When my sister came out for a short visit, I finally had someone around that could help me with my dress. I had a fitting scheduled for a few days later so this was my opportunity to see how much work I needed. After trying it on though, I cancelled the appointment, I think the dress fits fine (with a little more weight loss so I can actually breath in it). Here's how it looks:
Little Miss S like it :)

The next thing was picking up our marriage license. We went over our 3 day waiting period and picked it up at our convenience, which also meant Mr. S was out of town on his bachelor party trip. So I had to take the obligatory cheesy smile by myself. In Iowa you get two important pieces of paperwork, your marriage certificate and a licence to marry (woohoo - we're LICENSED!)



And last, but not least, this weekend I got my Invitations OUT! YAY! This has been such a thorn in my side. I knew it would require a lot of work and I HATE my home printer. I really should have listened to Mr. S and outsourced to either Staples or his printing lady for work, but I was stubborn. Oh well, they're out. Little Miss S helped me get them all finished up:
(She couldn't figure out why we didn't use the big sticker on the stamps - but was happy that when we were all done she got to keep them to decorate her papers)
One more happy thing - I went to my trainer yesterday (I skipped last weekend with everything going on - Mr. S out of town, boudoir pics, etc) and I lost 5 POUNDS - Yay me!
As of today we have 2 months to the wedding and are approaching the 60 day mark. I'm sure it just gets busier from here.
What is keeping you busy right now as your wedding date approaches?

0 comments:

Post a Comment