Vendor Review

Monday, January 4, 2010

I had my wedding in Okoboji Iowa, but I used many local vendors in Omaha while planning.


Venue: Gull Point State Park (Lake Okoboji) Super simple to work with and a beautiful location. It is self service though, so unless you have a wedding planner, you’ll have to do all the set-up/cleaning yourself. A+

Caterer: Yesterday's (Okoboji) So, So GOOD! Dwayne was so much fun to work with and he and his staff did an EXCELLENT job. A++

(Dwayne is standing behind me in the kitchen)
Coordinator: Brandy at Okoboji Weddings and Events (Okoboji) She pulled it off – that’s about all I can say about it. Overall, her grade would be like a C-.  If you want more details PM me.

Photographer; Laura of Laurelle Photography (Omaha) She did a wonderful job. Her pictures speak for themselves. A-

DJ: We had a band - The MightyNish Band - they play at many events in Omaha and Okoboji. They were EXCELLENT! They were so easy to work with. They were fun and kept people entertained. To this day, my daughter still sings “Jason’s Girl” instead of the real song because they changed a lot of lyrics to fit us. A++

Florist: Sam's Club.com The flowers that came were beautiful and SO big. A lot of them even lasted until we got home from our honeymoon a week later. A+

Cake: Cakes by Sara (Okoboji) Very yummy and turned out nice. This was a vendor my wedding coordinator hired and maybe it was due to her, but there were some disappointments. A-

Officiant: A Local Okoboji JP, Diane did a great job and was very easy to work with A+


Dress: David's Bridal (Omaha) Mary was my saleslady and she was the BEST! She was always accommodating when we came in and was so helpful when I came in all alone in February because I still hadn’t picked a dress and I need to pick one right then! A+

Shoes: davidsbridal.com A

BM Dress: David's Bridal (Omaha) Again Mary helped us. A+

Hair Stylist and Make-up Artist; Bella Via (Okoboji) She did a fabulous job figuring out exactly what I wanted and it turned out beautiful. A+


Invitations: American Wedding and Papersource A

Rings: Borsheim's (hers) (Omaha); Eweddingbands.com (his) eweddingbands was excellent – good quality, fast service A; Borshiems in the end did a fabulous job. Yes, they did break my e-ring when re-sizing and soldering together, but they got me a replacement promptly and when I decided to keep the more expensive ring, they altered it to match my e-ring – all of this for free. See Jessica if you go into the store. A-

My "stand-in" rind arriving

Rehearsal Dinner Venue: Barefoot Bar (Okoboji) They did an excellent job of setting up and preparing food. Everyone loved it. Will and his staff were great. A+


Hotel for wedding night and Day After Brunch: Arrowwood Resort and Conference Center. (Okoboji) I LOVED the upgraded room we had. The tub was literally as big as the boat. They were very sweet and left us champagne and chocolates with a note in our room. A+ The brunch was nice, but we were a little disappointed in the room the put us in. B+

Other: Vista Print (for photo upload cards), Candels4less.com (decorations), Hobby Lobby (decorations and $1 flip flops), Save on Crafts (decorations), KustomKoozies.com (favor koozies), Shutterfly.com (for coffee table book), Laurelle Photography (boudoir pictures), Cupcaketree.com (cupcake stand)

Who are some of your favorite vendors for your wedding?

0 comments:

Post a Comment