Sugardoll Award

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I started browsing new blogs and found this:
Mireya over at :: Pearls and Such:: has given me the Sugar Doll Award (almost two months ago)! I just found her blog, but she’s been following mine for awhile. She has a great blog and tons of yummy recipes I’ve found (there goes my new year’s resolutions)!



The rules are: Post this award on my blog, write ten interesting facts about myself, and then pass it on to ten other bloggers, so here goes!

1. I love cuddling with Mr. S, it’s my favorite time of the day when we finish dinner and other stuff and we just cuddle on the couch. I don’t like it when he picks on me while doing it though (chewing on my hair, messing with my clothes, tickling me), he does that a lot, why are boys like that?

2. When Mr. S is away or I’m working out downstairs, I like to catch up on “girlie shows” like Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, Veronica Mars, Kendra, Sex and the City, and Alias (I realize most of these are cancelled now, but I can watch the DVD’s over and over again).

3. I refuse to clean toilets in our house. I’m outnumbered by boys and they’re the ones that are gross and pee all over the place (okay not ALL over the place, but still), so cleaning toilets is Mr. S’s job and I nag him until it’s done to my specifications. (Boys are SO gross!) But, I HAVE to do all the laundry. When he does laundry, he just throws everything in until it’s full – whites, darks, everything. Again, boys are so gross – I HAVE to have my whites in HOT water and a ton of color safe bleach.

4. I could eat Mexican food every day of my life (well almost). In High School I only dated the Mexican boys and that was only so they’d take me home to their mom’s cooking. It’s a good thing I learned so much. Living in Nebraska and Iowa you NEVER find the authentic stuff (people try to convince me there’s really authentic restaurants here, but there really isn’t).

5. I was a cheerleader for 13 years. I started when I was 5 and cheered my way all the way to college.

6. My favorite part of my job is to go to the landfill every day and take H2S odor readings. We have a client that had H2S issues in their industrial landfill, so they have meters that need to be downloaded every day. I love that I get to wear jeans and boots (we have a very formal corporate office unless you’re working in the field) and get out of the office for a few hours every day.

7. I turn 30 in a few months and I’m really dreading it. My 20’s were rough and I feel like I had to grow up way too fast, mostly due to having a children young and a crappy ex-husband that put a lot of burdens on me. I want to enjoy life, even though I have the five kids, and this number looms over and makes me feel old. Probably because that’s all my mom ever said when she turned this age.

8. Here’s one I never tell people, when I was divorced, I had a “goal” in my head that I HAD to be remarried by the time I was 30. Everyone kept trying to cheer me up and said I was still young, I had plenty of time. In my head I didn’t – I only had 5 years (got divorced in 2005). It’s probably just another thing from my mom – I’d be too old and not good enough if I married after 30. Oh well, I met the “goal”.

9. My biggest fear is that something will happen to one of my children and I won’t die before them. I could never go through the death of a child, it would probably kill me.

10. I have a really, really crappy ex-husband. It took me a long time to learn that though. For some reason when you’re in love, you’re blinded and you also like pain and heartbreak by those crappy people. I’m glad I FINALLY learned my lesson.

I pass this on to the following fabulous girls:

Brook @ Claremont Road
Encore Bride & Georgia Belle
Jessica @ Jesstagirl and her officer
Newlyweds Next Door
Edmo @ Our Life Experiment
Pirate Sam @ Pirate Bride
Stephanie @ The Life of a Husband and A Wife
The Roddy Bride
Marisa @ Not Quite Betty Crocker
Sandy @ Lucky Thirteen and Counting

Thank you Mireya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment