Honeymoon: Days 3 and 4

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our third day of our honeymoon started off pretty slow. We took our time that morning getting started out for breakfast and then wandered around the resort checking out the shops and other things going on.

(Mr. S floating in the lagoon)


(Relaxing on our private beach)

In the afternoon it was really hot though, so we checked out the indoor pool for a while. It’s super cool since it’s in the shade and then there’s three tubs at the back that mimic the Spa’s tubs (there’s a super hot one, a really cold one, and then a semi-hot one – it’s for your pores).

(Looking out at the Gulf from the indoor pool)


(Zen Garden)
Once it clouded over (it would storm every day in the Gulf and the Jungle behind us, but never on us – it was so cool) and we were cooled off, we headed back to the main adult pool where they had started playing Pool Pictionary (we had great entertainment/recreation guys at our pool, they were really fun the whole week). I talked Mr. S into playing and we had a lot of fun with all of the other couples. I made the mistake of ordering tequila shots though and things kind of went down from there. This Snowflake does not do well with tequila. When I’d had too much, we headed back to the room, intending to get ready for dinner, but FELL ASLEEP! We woke up at about 7:45, only 15 minutes before the Fire Show that we really wanted to see. We rushed and got dressed and headed out.

While Mr. S was getting me a bloody Mary for the tequila headache, I was volunteering him for the pre-show entertainment. They pulled several guys up to read something in Spanish (one guy had to sing it in opera, one had to say it like a pretty girl, Mr. S had to say it angry, I’m not sure what the others had to do).



The Fire Show was really neat and they did a really great job.



We had a late dinner that night at the Italian Restaurant and then headed to bed – I needed to sleep off the rest of the tequila (and wine we had at dinner).

I was REALLY excited about our fourth day. This morning we went to Delphinus Park (The Dolphin Park). I was going to get a WHOLE hour in the pools with the dolphins. I tried to talk Mr. S into doing it with me, but he said he just wanted to watch. Our driver picked us up and we only had a short 20 minute drive. When we got there we had a little hike through the jungle before we actually got to the buildings and got to see a few really neat cenotes (A cenote is a kind of cave or hole which is flooded. They are natural pools of groundwater).


I had SO much fun learning about them and getting the interaction.








When we did the foot push (that’s where two dolphins push you by the feet across the pool – like you see at Sea World or something), they didn’t get my video or something, so I got to do it twice!






After the dolphins, we headed back to our hotel and had some lunch. Then we headed to the indoor pool to cool off and Mr. S took a nap.

(This is what I do when I’m bored)

(ceiling of the indoor pool)

(Mr. S sleeping - ouch, look at that sunburn)

(The pools - and my feet)

(Self Portrait)

When Mr. S woke up, we headed over to the pool where the entertainment and recreation guys were setting up a water polo game. Mr. S volunteered to play and I was going to cheer him on.




After spending a few hours in the pool, we headed to our room to get ready for the Honeymooner’s Cocktail Party. Usually they have it outside, but there was a lot of lightning in the area, so they moved it inside. It was pretty fun and we met some really nice couples.

After the party, we had dinner at the Chinese Restaurant and then headed over to the Family side for the Las Vegas show that night.

(I look like I have no make-up on, I swear I really did this time)




We had made plans with some of the other couples to meet back up at the pool that night (we had told them how nice it was to swim at night), but decided we were too tired and headed to bed after the show.

What excursions do you have planned for your honeymoon?

0 comments:

Post a Comment