Honeymoon: Days 4 and 5

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The fifth day was hard, for a few reasons. The first was that we knew it was our last full day there (we wanted to stay SO bad – forget the kids and our jobs). The second was because I woke up with a full-blown UTI. I’ve had a history of really bad ones and for a long time I was on a daily antibiotic to fend them off. I hadn’t renewed my prescription and I left what I had leftover at home. Grrr… I was in a lot of pain, but finally broke down and called room service (one perk for Concierge Level – fee room service) and asked for three large glasses of cranberry juice. I downed all those and kept going to the bathroom and I finally got it flushed out enough so I could walk without cramping over and didn’t have to pee anymore every five seconds. Whew! I wasn’t out of the woods, but at least it was somewhat better. Lesson learned: NEVER, NEVER leave your home without ALL your medications!

Anyway, we walked to breakfast; it was pretty humid out that day, as you can tell from the pictures.





After breakfast, we decided to hang out at out beach and relax for a little while. After a short nap on the chairs, the sport’s director came over and asked if we wanted to join him with a group to snorkel in the lagoons. After swimming in the lagoons all week, I was so surprised to see all that they contained that we never noticed before, it was really cool.




After lunch, we had our second massage (another perk for the concierge level – an extra free massage). That helped a lot when I wasn’t feeling so great. After the massages, we hung out at the pool with a bunch of couples we had met during the week.




For dinner we ate at the Mexican Restaurant again and then checked out the bazaar shops that were set up in a big plaza that night (it was Mexican Fiesta Night). We decided not to go to the show, but picked up some Cuban cigars and a new chess board for Mr. S and a pretty silver bracelet for me.

The morning we left we started out pretty slow. We got packed and had them pick up our bags and then went to breakfast. Again, I wasn’t feeling very well, but knew we’d be back to reality that night and wanted to enjoy what time we had left in Mexico.


About 11, our driver picked us up and drove us to the airport, I really hated the driving through Playa Del Carmen to pick up another couple, the streets were nuts. We got all checked in fine (we upgraded our tickets to first class again – it was nice because then we didn’t have to stand in line for 45 minutes at the Cancun airport), did a little shopping, and then waited for our flight. As much as I wanted to stay, I was happy to see the girls waiting for us and excited to hear about the trip.

It was a wonderful honeymoon. I’d LOVE to go back as soon as we can.

Did you have anything go wrong on your honeymoon?

0 comments:

Post a Comment