Getting back into a routine

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Do you know what happens after you wedding is over and you've gone on your honeymoon and then loaded a MILLION pictures over your free two days over the weekend? Nothing...you gone on like nothing has changed. But TONS has changed. Although it's not official I have a NEW last name, trying to think of the millions of places I have to change it makes my mind explode (cell phone screen saver - check; Facebook - check), oh - it makes me exhausted just thinking about it. The fact that I have a HUSBAND is huge. When we were just engaged, I didn't really let him "rule" my life or my daughter's lives. Last night he put his foot down about one of my daughters and although I wasn't exactly happy about the punishment (it wasn't harsh or anything) I still upheld it because not only is he my husband, but right now, he's the only father my daughters know (their father has skipped out of their lives once again (maybe for the last time - I'm sick of his crap). It makes me proud that he feels the responsibility to step in (when my father and I did our father-daughter dance - Mr. S danced with one of my daughters like she was his own - AWW).
So the whole getting "back into a routine" is not exactly the same. Yes, I feel pretty much the same about Mr. S (I love him to death), but really...things are different and I'm excited about the change.
How did you feel about the change from fiance to husband? Or if not married yet, what do you think will change?
P.S. I promise, I'll start recaps soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment