Ringless...again

Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm ringless again. It really sucks since I had the rings taken in before the wedding to avoid this. I miss my ring :(
If you remember, my ring was broken by the jewelry less than a week before my wedding. I had a designer engagement ring, so they couldn't just order it and it would come in the next day. To solve the wedding day issue, they changed a plain band, put a head that matched my old ring on that and soldered my wedding bands to it. They overnight shipped it to my mom's hotel and we picked it up two days before the wedding (cutting it close!). It looks beautiful and all, but I know it's not the ring that my HUSBAND (I've had the hardest time using that word) lovingly picked out all by himself. So, today I went back to the jewelry store to decide what to do. The band they gave me appraises at about $3000 more than my old one (can't figure out why though), so there was an incentive to keep it. The new band though is all flat and my wedding bands and my old e-ring was rounded - I think it would look better all rounded rather than the flat sides sticking out. They also had soldered one of the wedding bands just slightly lower than the other and while no one else noticed it, it bugged me. So, they're in the process of polishing the middle ring round and re-soldering the bands so they're even. I really hope I don't have to go ringless again.
Has anyone else had to go without their ring/rings more than once?
P.S. I know I left off in the recaps, I'll start those again soon, I'd really like the pro photos though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment