The ring comes!

Monday, September 28, 2009

First of all, I've been a bad blogger, but to my defense I was waiting for the pro pictures. That and life catches up to you very fast - especially when you have the gall at work to actually take two weeks off. Please forgive me...pretty please...
Okay, now on to the recapping.
So if you remember, the jewelers broke my ring a week before our wedding. As a compromise, they were going to order the head to my engagement ring, cut one of their solid bands, mount my diamond, and solder my wedding bands to it. The problem was that the ring would not be ready before we left for our semi-destination wedding. It had to be overnighted to the hotel. So about 10 am on Thursday, my mom, sister, sister in law and I settled into the hotel's front lobby. The front desk people were very nice and offered many refreshments while we waited - patently.
(No ring - yet)

Funny story - At about 11:30 still no ring - however the Budweiser delivery man showed up for delivery and went to the front desk for signature. My sister or sister in law asked me if I was disappointed that it wasn't the FedEx delivery man. I thought about it a moment and said "No, I'm not disappointed. If the ring doesn't come - we'll need his delivery." At this point, the Bud guy turns around and looks at us with the REDEST face! I felt so bad and totally had my foot in my mouth. I tried to explain that I totally just meant the alcohol he was delivering - but I swear that guy ran out SO fast!
Needless to say, I felt like I was too much of a troublemaker at this point, so we moved to the restaurant that overlooked the front desk and went for drinks. Before the drinks had time to come, the FedEX deliveryman ARRIVED! I ran out and grabbed the box.
I was so excited I could barely get it open by myself.



Yay! I have a ring!
Did you have anything happen during your wedding/planning that was really bad, but ended up turning out well?

0 comments:

Post a Comment