Pack it up, move em out

Thursday, September 10, 2009

I picked up my sister on Tuesday before the wedding. She was so nice to come out early to make sure that Mr. S and I had the help we needed with packing and the kids. When we got home from the airport that's when the work started. We loaded up the majority of everything we were taking to the lake in the van, truck, and boat. Even though we got all that work done it still didn't stop me from not being able to sleep the night before. This is basically when I had my jitters I guess. I woke up about 3 in the morning with an upset stomach worrying about things. To bide my time until I woke everyone else up, I did something a little bridey and watched Bride Wars and 27 Dresses. Surprisingly, this helped me to relax. :)

Before we left town we had to make a stop and my sister took a bunch of pictures of ALL of the stuff.

Crazy - right?
After our stop we headed to the lake! My sister had to deal with my stress the whole way there, but by the time we got to the lake, it was oddly strange - my stress all slipped away! It was so wonderful to finally relax and realize that there really wasn't much I could change at this point, this was our vacation and I was going to enjoy it.
After we unloaded a MILLION things into the cabin, we took a break and rode around in the boat.

Remember my post about out justice of the peace not knowing ANYTHING about our wedding? Funny story...
After boating, we went back to the cabin and were resting before my hair/make-up trial. Mr. S got a call and it was Diane again! The night before we left she confirmed everything was fine - we're good to go, what was she doing calling to say she still hadn't been emailed?
I was so annoyed and asked, "Is this Diane C?"
She replied with, "No, this is Diane W."
Oh---there's the problem--
Apparently last fall when Mr. S was doing all the wedding planning and I was working in Chicago, he contacted someone about our ceremony. He must have forgotten because in Jan. he asked me to contact a JP to do it and that's when I hired Diane C. Ugh! It was such a HUGE relief to know that my JP was not that clueless (not that this woman is either - it was just a total mix up).
After resting, I left for my hair trial and Mr. S and my sister warmed up the enchiladas and other yummy food I pre-cooked.
Did you have any weird mix-ups during your wedding planning that resulted in a funny story later?

0 comments:

Post a Comment