Cake Sweet Cake

Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm really not a sweets person, so cake was on my lower priorities.  I also agonized for weeks about what cake to have.  I finally settled on a cupcake tree with a small cake for the Mr and I to cut and save.

My other problem was that Mr. S would not PROMISE me that he would not cake smash.  I was so nervous about that.  I think it's really rude in my opinion, I know others think it's fun, but unless you both want it, it should be avoided at all costs.  On top of that, after all the money I spent on my hair and make up to make it look the way HE wanted - there was NO WAY I wanted it ruined.
So, I made the wedding planner put out forks to feed each other.
One thing I really regretted was not getting to try our cakes ahead of time - we just ordered from someone our wedding coordinator knew and then they arrived the day of.  It also gave me a huge shock of them being $50 more expensive at the end of the night...I can't express how important it is to get it all figured out ahead of time AND have a GOOD coordinator - mine was not.
Anyway, back to cake....

We cut...

I fed him...

He fed me...

And we successfully made it through the cake cutting.

From what the guests said, the cupcakes were really yummy.  I'm glad they liked them.  I tried them after our honeymoon, they were good, but getting a little old.  Oh well.
Will you do a cake-smash at your wedding, or feed each other nicely like us?
Next up, First Dance (Second Dance)

2 comments:

firemuffy said...

I don't want a cake smash, but my guy might surprise me with one!

Katie said...

Yum, they look SO good!

Post a Comment