The UnPlanned Greeting Line

Thursday, November 12, 2009

After the ceremony and our surprise first dance, I pulled Mr. S to the front of the Lodge so that we could have a few minutes together.  He thought I was nuts, but I was adament that we needed to do this since so many other brides on WeddingBee had said this was something they really cherished.

Us coming back inside

He followed along and then he said he needed the men's room - my husband is SO romantic. 
At that point our guests realized I was back inside and I was flooded with people and their congratulations.  It was actually very nice to be surrounds by so many friends and family and love and support.  I did not originally plan to have one since my plan was to just greet guests at tables and mingle, that's the beauty of having a smaller wedding.  I'm glad it happened though.




And where was Mr. S?  Back to the bar and checking out the appetizers we were about to serve.

Since the band was playing, I started getting my "groove on" after everyone had headed for the food tables.  Yeah, I'm a dork like that.

Next up, making it official - signing the license.
Will you have an official greeting line, or just wng-it like me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment