Check, check, and CHECK

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Even though today has been somewhat disappointing with the whole photographer thing, I have motivated myself to get some things done.
First off, I ordered the loose flowers from Sam's Club. Earlier this spring, I scoured the internet for cheap loose flowers. I'm not very confident about designing arrangements for the bouquets, but I wanted to save some money on the flowers that didn't need florist arranging. From all of my research, Costco and Sam's Club were the cheapest for what I was looking for. I ordered 35 Calla Lily Stems and 125 mixed green and white Ecuador roses for under $200. What a deal? And they look great, this was an order someone took pictures of:

My next task I got done was ordering something to put the cupcakes on. I was thinking of renting something, but my wedding planner never got back to me on that, plus I'm kinda sick of writing checks for rentals. I thought about designing something myself, but that just seems like too much work right now. What I did order will require some DIY-ing. I ordered it from a company called CupCakeTree. They're pretty simple and come like this:
How would you decorate this? You can pretty much do anything and they can end up looking like this...or even better:

The last thing I got checked off was finalizing the band play list. They emailed me a list of their musicbook songs and I crossed off about 15 that I absolutely don't want to hear and highlighted about 14 that I really like. That still leaves them a lot of room to design a playlist that is all their own.
We're at 38 days until the wedding - Yikes - and I'm feeling pretty confident about getting things completed. I'll have a lot of DIY stuff this weekend, so we'll see how that goes. What are you working on right now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment