Picking THE Song

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hi there...remember me? I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. We had fun going to hang out at Lake Okoboji and not have to worry about wedding planning (well, we did some thinking about it - but not much). Anyway, we got back to the grind Monday and have been really busy.
For Mr. S and I picking a song that is "us" is very hard. We have COMPLETELY different views in music. I like things he dislikes and he likes things I dislike. It's been very frustrating. Yes, we COULD compromise, but then it wouldn't be an "us" song. I previously posted some options here, his favorite was the Jason Marz song and mine was the Rascall Flatts song. I disliked the Jason Marz song only because I didn't want a song that everyone else was going to have at their wedding this summer and because I don't really like the boppy-dance move he'll do to it (he's a total white-boy when it comes to dancing). He didn't like my choice because it's a country song. My next idea was "You Had Me at Hello" since he said that when we met that's when he melted, but again since it's a country song, it's out (I'm using it pre-ceremony though).
When he nixed all my ideas, I started breaking down and saying this was too difficult and I didn't even want a first dance anymore - it's stupid. Fortunately he's a very good fiance so he started sending me mass amounts of emails with YouTube links to songs. We went through all kinds of music (more "boppy" songs, Sinatra and the other good ol' boys, and many others), in some ways it was exhaustive.
We still don't have an "us" song, but we have some that would be acceptable. So we're down to three finalists:
Someone exactly like you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL23cb5SaBg
Crazy little thing called love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrelPOP518g
Can't take my eyes off of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpWKAGvGdA&feature=related
Which one would you chose? Was this decision as hard for you as it has been for us?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

please do crazy little thing called love!! that is super cute!!! we picked out song long before we were engaged (we've been together 6 years) - first dance by corey smith. but i LOVE the idea of doing an upbeat fun song!!

Post a Comment