Creating the card box

Monday, August 3, 2009

I had an original plan to create a fish like our bathroom baskets, but that went to the wayside. I thought about just using a basket, but since our wedding is in a public state park and just anyone could walk through, I decided I wanted something more secure. I ended up going simple and created this for our cards:

How did I get here?
Step One: I started with a box big enough to hold several cards and cut a hole in one side (not the top or bottom since the four flaps would be in the way):
(this was actually the box our wedding invitations came in)
Step Two: I wrapped the box in some wedding paper I bought for a friend's wedding.
Step Three: Re-cut hole in paper and tape back.

Step Four: Trace the thank you message on paper from printer with a sharpie that will bleed through.

Step Five: Re-trace the message that bleed through.

Step Six: Color in the message and tie on ribbon.

What are you using to secure cards that your guests bring?

0 comments:

Post a Comment