An Illuminating Project

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I LOVE candles. We don't use them a whole lot around the house, but I do love them. We're using candles in a lot of places at our wedding and at least our venue doesn't have a restriction on them. I already showed you the candles I created for the hooks which I think will look really pretty lining the lake shore at night (plus it's a safety thing for our guest, they'll know where the edge is).
I'm also putting some citronella candles on the cocktail tables outside: (The light green pail)
Then I want these on the buffet table (May have to move somewhere else if they don't fit - we'll see)

We'll have two different table designs for the dinner tables (I'll explain the second one shortly). One will have two jars of flowers (the ones that will hang on the hooks during the ceremony) and two jars with candles. Late last night I put together the candle jars for the table:
Started with a wide mouth mason jar.
Put a little bit of hot glue just under the lip.
Attached the ribbon - the trick is to fold the ribbon in half and then press down so that it comes out even when you tie it.
I turned it over and put a little hot glue under the lip on the other side and tied a ribbon on top of that to hold in place.

I put in a candle.
and I added river rocks and pebbles around the candle.
My final project of the night was for the second table design. We're going to put a net down on the table, put floating candles in the center, and then spread 24 candles across the table, like this:

I bought 144 candles and votives on Candles4Less.com. The votives and candles are packed separately though and instead of having the wedding planner assemble and have to light all of these on the day of, I saved her one step.
All Done!

How will you be illuminating things at your wedding/reception?

0 comments:

Post a Comment