Flowers - should I really take this on?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I made a decision a few weeks ago to cancel my florist order. Costs were getting out of hand and this was an easy chop for me. First of all because I already have flowers incorporated from my Sam's order and secondly because they just weren't that important to me. The little girls will hold pomanders and I had also bought them parasols, but I'll give them to the big girls to carry. Mr. S kept trying to talk me into just getting my bouquet - we could then preserve it, but at $180 for just that, it seemed excessive. The decision was made.
When I started organizing everything into totes though, I realized I had a bunch of flowers at the house that could be used and I actually wouldn't have to buy much if I went with fake arrangements. Plus, this way my bouquet is already preserved. I had a ton of energy last week, so this is what's done. I'd really love comments.
Mr. S's Boutonniere.
All of the boutonnieres
I also made corsages, but the pictures are just on my camera phone, I'll have to take pics later.
I haven't completed my bouquet yet, but here is two different versions:
Mostly green (I bought "real" roses after this that I will use instead of the bulk flowers that I mocked it up with)
Mostly white (using the "real" roses)
Which bouquet would you go with for my green and ivory colored wedding? What do you think of my DIY-boutonnieres?

1 comments:

mrs shortcake said...

I love green and ivory! How about putting the white roses all together in the center (about a dozen or so), and then fanning the green callas out around the edges so that they look like a fringe of leaves?

Post a Comment