For the hooks

Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm finally getting things done and Mr. S is helping out a lot (Jr. Mr. S is too). To start with, Mr. S painted our hooks for us:

(I'm weird, they need to match wedding colors and our house for later - they're half done in this picture and for future reference, it takes at least 3 1/2 bottles of spray paint to cover 12 black hooks)
To start the ceremony, we'll have flowers hanging on the hooks. Jr. Mr. S and I worked on these this weekend:
Step One: Cut all wire to a length so that it wraps around jar and creates a hook.

Step Two: Wrap the wire around the lip and create the first side of the hook.

Step Three: Push wire under the other side to complete the hook.

Step Four: Wrap wire around the wire around lip so that it creates the hanger.

Step Five: Jr. Mr. S would twist the wire for me.

Step Six: I'd finish twisting the wire so that it didn't poke anyone - especially clumsy me.

Step Seven: Tie ribbon on - I'm anal so I measured each ribbon so it was the same length.

These will go on the tables after the ceremony and in their place the wedding coordinator will hang candles.
They couldn't just be any candles though - they have to be pretty and functional. I used citronella candles to help with the bugs. I didn't take pictures of each of the steps, bit basically I measured each of the ribbons to the same length, hot glued the ribbon to the back (because otherwise the ribbon slipped down and fell off) and tied a bow.

How is your FH helping out with your DIY projects?

0 comments:

Post a Comment