The Band Problem

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We have a problem with our band. I don't know what to do. Mr. S HAD to have a live band for the wedding, it was one of the top five things we had to have for the wedding on his list. While I was MIA in Chicago for work last fall, he picked a band with our wedding coordinator and signed the contract. He picked the MightyNish Band, check them out here: http://www.mightynishband.com/. Once I got back into the planning mode, we started discussing the timeline, activities, etc and I finally looked at the contract. The contract says that they'll start at or about 5:30 pm. The problem was that our cocktail hour was going to take place at 5 pm. I kept asking him to call them and get the time worked out and he kept telling me it was fine, they're easy to work with, no problem. He still has not talked to them about it. Yesterday, he decided he'd rather not push them for the 5 pm time, I don't know why, he's being weird.
So here's my problem, I already have my invitations and they say that the ceremony is going to start at 6 pm. These are our options:
1. Have the cocktail hour at 5 pm still and use an ipod/canned music for that period.
2. Have the ceremony at 5:30, Cocktails 6 to 7 with the band playing - this pushes my schedule around and I'll have to put a correction in the invitations - which may confuse people, but may be fine too. (He thought we should just WRITE the new time on the invitations - gasp!)
What would you do?

1 comments:

Stacy Marie said...

If it were me I would have the cocktail hour at 5 and just use canned music. It's not like it'll be canned music for a full 4 hour reception, the cocktail hour is short anyway.

Post a Comment