Let them eat Cake

Thursday, May 21, 2009

One of the things I was disappointed about last weekend was that I thought we were going to try cake from our baker and we didn't get to. Not sure what happened there, but the wedding coordinator didn't bring it or something. I'm not really a sweets person, but the Mr. is, so it's important to him.
I thought we'd do cupcakes, mainly because he won't promise to not cake smash. Why? The meaning of feeding your new wife cake is to show her that you'll be a good provider and the two of you will savor a sweet life. So why would you smash cake in her face AND ruin the expensive make-up job she just got (for those of us getting make-up done by professionals)? My coordinator thinks the cupcakes are a cute idea, but then she also suggested a small cake for the two of us and using forks to avoid the smash.
Our cake/cupcakes are being done by a small town baker called Cakes by Sara. I still don't have an exact quote, but it sounds pretty cheap: $100 to $150 for 100 cupcakes and the cake.
Here is some of my inspiration for the cupcakes:

























For the cake at the top, I thought the baker could use some candles I had bought as inspiration. They're little sand castles that I thought she could replicate and then we'll have the candle ones on the table with the cupcakes.









We still need to decide on flavors, if anyone has ideas, please send me your comments. Mr. S loves chocolate.
What was your inspiration for your cake/cupcakes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment