His Ring

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

After the Mr got one thing checked off his list yesterday, I felt a like it was time for me to check something off of mine. Yesterday, I finally picked a ring for him. I ordered it from http://www.e-weddingbands.com/. It looks like this:

It seems like a pretty simple process, they have free shipping, and engraving was only $7. I had it engraved with "Love never fails" Cor. 13:4-8. For him, I hope this means something. It's a long story, but his first wife left him because "she didn't love him anymore". It's something that really bothers him and I hope that between us, he can understand my commitment to love and him. I don't believe love or relationships ever fails, you fight to keep it together NO MATTER WHAT. (yes, I know, I was divorced, but that's because he was a cheating, abusive, alcoholic - I loved him long after he deserved it)
He's actually going to be wearing this ring on a necklace the majority of the time. I've asked that during the ceremony it goes on his finger, but he says he'd be more comfortable with it on a necklace because of his job, etc. So hopefully, he'll see the engraving even more than if it were on his finger to remind himself. Now I just need to find a necklace for him, any suggestions? We're looking for kind of a beachy - manly necklace.
What did you pick for your fiance?

0 comments:

Post a Comment