The Planning Trip - Part 1

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last weekend, Mr. S, my daughters and I went to Okoboji to get a bunch of planning and contracts taken care of, and not to mention spend a TON of money on deposits.
Friday afternoon we got off early and after waiting for Pella to finish installing a storm door (the joys of home-ownership), cleaning cupcakes off my car seats (the joys of children riding in my car all the time - thank god for stain guard) and driving through a lot of rain (the joys of living in the Midwest), we finally got to the lake - surprisingly it was quite sunny there so it made for a nice sunset.

We checked into the hotel that we have our wedding block of rooms booked at http://www.arrowwood-okoboji.com/. The girls were really excited because they had a whole hotel room to themselves - adjacent to us of course. We left for dinner and ice cream and then swung by the Lodge to see what it looked like at about 8:30 in the evening. We'll be having most of our party out there with the band being out there, so I wanted to check out the lighting. There was a party going on at the time, but I took a few pictures (sorry - I'll post them) and it's fairly dark there. I think I'm going to put candles in jars, etc and Mr. S even volunteered to put up lights like this the day of the wedding for the area where the band will be and dancing (he can be sweet):

Then we went back to the hotel to rest up for our busy Saturday.
Did you go on a planning trip when planning your destination wedding?

0 comments:

Post a Comment