Next Steps

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Well, I'm still not really sure if we resolved anything last night. We at least went to bed together last night, but when he's angry with me, he doesn't touch me - it's a subconscious thing, and last night as we slept he didn't touch me. He has told me many times that he loves me today, but I just don't feel resolved. I just feel exhausted and that the fight has gone to take a nap until it rears it's ugly head again.
On my end, I've resolved that I'm going to start going to counseling with my daughter. Maybe the counselor will just want to talk to her alone, i don't know, but something needs to be done in that arena. I'm also going to start scheduling time with just me and my daughters on the weekends I have them - even though we have the boys too. We need time together and between the wedding planning, all of the sports, running around to this function or that function - I've lost my relationship with them and they need to know I'm still there for them.
I will follow Mr. S's request and take the boys to do something alone. Maybe I can get my ex to take the girls sometime over the long weekend and we can go to Night at the Museum or something. I don't know.
Mr. S thinks he fair, so fine, I'll trust him that's he's going to start being more mindful of his actions, and if not, I'm going to call him on it, front and center. I know this will just stir the pot again, but if he's not consistent, it's jut going to make things worse.
It's just going to be a continual balancing act. It's complicated by my extreme work schedule right now, and the wedding planning, and all of the kid's activities, but I guess I need to figure it out if I want it to work.
How do you balance everything in your relationship?

0 comments:

Post a Comment