The Dress - Finally!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Like I said in my last post, I thought I had found "the one". Boy, was I wrong about that. Ladies, once again: please never, ever ask your fiance for advice on your dress.
We were going to hit the 6 month mark soon, so I figured it was time to go in and be measured even though I had not lost all the weight I wanted. A few nights before I planned on driving out to the bridal store, I decided to show Mr. S the dress to get his opinion (I blame it on the wine I drank that night). Wow - did that back fire. As I was quickly flashing through the pictures on my laptop he was making comments about the different ones popping up and before I could announce with great gusto that "This is the one", he blurted out "Ugh, that's horrible". Wait - what? Did he just say "horrible"? Yes, he did and that's when the tears started flowing. After all of this searching and stressing and everything that girls go through to find that one dress, he blurts this out.
Now, I know most of you are thinking how could you possibly want to marry this man after he said that? Between you and me, I wasn't in love with the dress, and I knew he wasn't saying I looked horrible, but it still stung. However I knew that even though his comment was thoughtless (although he did apologize immediately and profusely over and over again) he was right and he had my best interest in mind. This was actually freedom to pick what I wanted and knew would look best on me.
So, that Sunday I walked into David's Bridal with a mission. I was trying on three dresses and I was going to walk out purchasing one of those three dresses. I went in alone (no mom, no sister, no kids - and NO Fiance) and I was going to make this decision myself. And you know what, I did. I fell in love with a dress I had completely passed over before. I literally stood there for an hour in the dress loving the way it looked and felt on me.
So without further ado, let me introduce you to my dress...The front...

The back - the laces will be peridot, we tied a sash on so that I could get the "feel" of it. (sorry for the bad picture - I promise I'll take better ones when it comes in)
So, that's my dress story. My advice, go with what you're comfortable in and what you love, you'll never please someone else and yourself at the same time.
What was your experience like? Did you have en epic search or find one and fall in love right away?

0 comments:

Post a Comment