My Inspiration

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The inspiration for our wedding comes from the lake we're having it at. When we orginally were going to have the wedding at the Inn, I planned on doing more of an ocean theme since that's what the hotel was decorated in. When we switched to the Lodge, I thought a more lake theme would fit better. It now means that I have decorations I won't use, which kind of sucks, but I think what my planner and I have picked out will look really beautiful in the Lodge.
First of all I'm lining the aisle with shepherd hooks and mason jars. We'll probably move them and switch out for candles later, but this is my inspiration:

For the tables indoors for the reception, we're going to sort of copy this picture:

In this picture the lines on the tables are part of the table cloth. We're actually going to use fishing nets. Instead of floating flowers, we're going to put sand and the sand dollars that Mr. S and I collected on a vacation together in the bowls. We're going to rotate tables, one with this and the others with mason jars from the hooks with flowers in them and the submerged flower with candle (the DIY project that dodn't go well).
My favorite flowers are tulips, but they're not in season during our wedding and I didn't want to pay a premium for the greenhouse ones. So for flowers, I thought I was just going to do calla lillies, until my wedding planner sent me this picture:

Now I'm going to have calla lillies and roses.

What do you think, do these things fit in with our lake theme? What else would you add to our lake theme?

0 comments:

Post a Comment