It's raining, it's pouring...

Monday, April 20, 2009

What if you woke up on your wedding day and looked out the window to this:
Would you:
A) Enjoy the nice spring rain - yeah you'll have to hold an umbrella and hike the dress up to keep it out of the puddles, but it's no big deal; or
B) FREAK OUT - this is the worst possible thing that could ever happen.
I haven't really put too much thought into rain on my wedding day, except for the fact that we reserved the Lodge early on. If it rains, we move the party indoors, oh well. My dress isn't that big of a deal and the kids aren't wearing super fancy clothes that I care whether they get a little muddy or not. Heck, maybe we'll do a trash the dress sort of thing. But for me, I enjoy the rain, and if it rains, it really won't dampen my mood.
For other women, I know this is completely a different case. I knew someone getting married this past weekend (not a friend - actually someone that really bothers me) and this is what we woke up to on Saturday. So the devil in me just had to chuckle a little inside about the fact that I knew only a few miles away there was a woman FLIPPING OUT about the weather ruining her day. She would be pissed about getting wet, even the slightest bit. She'd be angry about the mud her boys were going to traipse through all day long in their tuxedos. And she'd be livid about the HUGE mud bog around both her ceremony and reception sites, because she didn't think ahead about her cheesy venues. She and I share no love, so the vindictive side of me came out and I was REALLY happy about the weather on Saturday morning.
How would you react to bad weather on your wedding day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment