Our wedding party

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This last week my sister came out and spent some time with us. She used to live in Omaha, but last fall she moved back home (Arizona). I can't believe how much I miss her being around. When we started wedding planning I told Mr. S that I wanted her to be my MOH and gave the kids "jobs" and told him he needed to start thinking about who he wanted on his side of the altar. He has fought me on this, then conceded, and then retreated, it's been very hard on me since I really, really wanted a wedding party. He had the big wedding before and felt that this was nonsense. I finally decided I didn't care if he wanted one or not, I was having one. He will not have anyone stand up for him.
Let me introduce you to our wedding party:
First of all, there's my sister and my sister in law that will be my bridesmaids. I really wanted my sister to be my MOH, but I decided since there wasn't a "true" wedding party, I'm removing ranks.

Sister Snowflake (on the left) SIL Snowflake
Jr. Miss Snowflake and Jr. Mr. Snowflake (they're exactly the same age) will be our jr. attendants. Funny story, when we first announced the wedding Jr. Mr. S volunteered to make sandwiches for the reception for everyone to eat - so cute.
Jr. Miss Snowflake Jr. Mr. Snowflake
Little Miss Snowflake and Twin Snowflakes (who said there's not such thing as snowflakes exactly alike?) will be our flowergirl and ring bearers, except without the flowers and rings - basically they're walking down the aisle and sitting with the rest of the "wedding party".
Little Miss Snowflake (She's not a ham at all!) Twin Snowflake 1 Twin Snowflake 2
So this is our "wedding party". How is your wedding party different than what is traditional?

0 comments:

Post a Comment