How we met

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I guess I should start with how me and mr. met.
We were both married before and also have children from those marriages, so when you're that busy and too old for your old dating ways - you turn to the Internet. We were both on match.com the summer of 2007. On September 4th, he winked at me and then followed up with an email. We chatted back and forth that first day and he asked me for a date, which we planned for two days later. Actually, he wanted to meet up that night at a bar, but I had to play it cool, plus a girl has to get ready for these kind of things :) The next morning we emailed again and he pushed for a lunch date that day. I was crazy and went ahead and said yes. We met at a bar for lunch and ever since then have not been apart (well except for work traveling, but that's another story).
He says it was love at first sight - I walked in the door, the wind blew my curly blond hair and he was hooked. It took me a little longer, but eventually he woo-ed me over. We were engaged December 14th on a ski trip to Keystone Colorado. That's where the nickname comes from - I'm his "pretty snowflake".
We've planned a small wedding at Lake Okoboji in Iowa for this August. I would have picked the anniversary of the date we met (Sept. 5th), but since it's Labor Day weekend, the lake would be too busy and I felt bad taking up our friend's and family's holiday weekends (well not every one's - there will be a lot of people traveling for us).
So, that's the story of us. I never thought I'd find my next husband on the Internet, but I let my fingers do the walking and I found him (saved the wear and tear on my high heels at least).
How many others found their love on the computer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment