My Plan

Monday, April 27, 2009

Yes, this is another "plan" blog. My weight is back up and I worry that my plan to look like a beautiful bride:

will be in reality more like this:

I have been seeing a personal trainer for about 3 years now almost every week. He helped me lose my previous 50 pounds - I was ONE HOT MAMA! By no fault of him, but because of my traveling and lack of willpower, I gained 34 pounds back. I had lost 10, but with work and home getting stressful again, I'm back up to 30 pounds, which pushes me into the "obese" level. I have found it a lot harder this time to lose the weight, I don't know if it's because my body has changed because I'm getting older or what, but something is not the same. I would love to be down the 30 by August, but my current goal is for 20 by July 4th (this will take me out of the overweight category). We decided yesterday that if I don't lose 2 pounds per week up until then, my "punishment" is that I have to go for a second training session that week. I have to note that I LOVE AL. After Mr. Snowflake, he's the most important man in my life. So it's not that I don't enjoy my time with him, it's just kind of an inconvience to have to schedule a session with him in the middle of the week when I have so many other things going on (I see him on the weekends normally). To have to juggle my work schedule and kids schedules would be a real pain, so I need to start doing things on my own and making some progress and meeting that goal. I have the tools at home and even have a gym close to work, I've just been really bad about utilizing them.
So here's my plan for the next month. In addition to seeing Al once a week (twice if I don't meet the goal) I will follow this plan and also attempt to not eat like I'm travleing anymore:

Weeks #1 and #2
* 40 minutes of aerobic activity at least three times a week
* 3 sets of 10 stomach crunches
* 2 sets of 10 push-ups
* 1 set of 10 squats

Weeks #3 and #4
* 40 minutes of aerobic activity at least three times a week
* 3 sets of 10 stomach crunches
* 3 sets of 10 push-ups
* 2 sets of 10 squats
* 2 sets of 10 bicep curls
* 2 sets of 10 tricep curls

I'll let you know how it goes. Are you trying to lose weight? What plans work best for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment