My STD

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Save the Dates (STD) were important to Mr. S and I from early on. We knew we needed to know how many people might be interested in coming and we also wanted to see how many people were willing to travel for our wedding. I knew I wanted to do magnets, because what better way to continue to keep our event in people's mind than on their refrigerator's (actually ours is on the microwave since we have stainless steel appliances)? We got a lot of really great feedback from the people we sent them to and although we did not recieve as many replies to our wedding website RSVP as we would have liked, I still think it was a really good idea. I ordered our magnets from http://www.magnetstreet.com/. They have a lot of options and I think they came out really nice.
This is the template we used (I'm retarded and didn't save the proof):

Basically, ours is exactly the same, except for the information. We used a picture from our trip to San Diego last fall of us on the beach. The turn around was really fast and I mailed them out in December to give our guest the "heads-up".
What did you do for your STD?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a cool idea. I am really forgetful so it would help to have reminders. I also lose things alot so calenders and such dont relly work. lol I try to keep folders with important stuff and dates but I cant find or dont know whats in them. got any organization tips?

Snowflake said...

Thanks! Organization tips, I'm the worst. At work I have my outlook calendar, but I don't put personal stuff on that. At home I have another outlook calendar (that is not synced with work), but it doesn't contain all of the kids activities (soccer schedule for all five of the different teams is on the refrigerator, school schedule is in my cupboard, Shrine schedule is on the desk, wedding schedule is on my flash drive). i guess at some point I need to "get it together" and put everything in one spot.

Post a Comment